Thursday, June 10, 2010

Slightly Confused

Daily weigh-ins are confusing. I try to hit the scales after my morning...uh...business. No clothes - just me and the naked truth (cue rim shot).

Tuesday was 116 kilo (about 255 lbs.)...Wed 114 (250)...Thursday I weighed in at 113.9 kilo (about 250 still) and then Thurs night I went to the weight room for two hours. So, Friday morning, after three days of solid eating right and two hours of exercise - I weighed in this morning at 114.3!

So, where'd that extra .4 kilo come from?? I've read plenty of info, like the info posted here that says weight training together with diet is an awesome 1-2 punch for fast loss. So, I'm hoping the slight up-swing this morning has more to do with muscle gain than fat.

By the way, getting ALL the fat out of my diet seems an impossibility. I'm going down to zero pro cent almost everything...but even the wifey won't let me go totally without some fat.

4 comments:

Brano said...

Corey no one should expect to loose something he or she gain in years. You do well when you do sport, stop eating bread,less or none sugar in coffe or tee, no limonade...it will work but it is marathon and not sprint:)

Evelyn Puerto said...

Hey Corey, Don't worry about the extra weight. That happens to me after hard workouts and it's probably just water. (Or you ate too much salt yesterday). Also, you don't want to get rid of all the fat in your diet. That will make your body think you are starving and slow down your metabolism, making the weight loss effort harder. Good for you for making the effort!

Debbie said...

Water. That's the extra 0.4 kilos, and yes, it's annoying. I'm weighing every morning as well, but I only 'count' the Wed am weight. The other days are just to keep me in check. I'm using a website called dailyburn.com to log my food and exercise. I'm not sure if you can access it from there, but if you can and you'd like to use it, let me know. (We can keep tabs on each other's progress).

Congrats on the weightloss decision. That's 50% of the battle right there!

Coreyb said...

Thanks guys for those comments! My childhood, Brano, was soooo different from anything you can imagine - I'll explain it to you when you come visit - just think of this "double feature" movies for 1 dollar - that's two large cokes and two bags of candy each weekend! Good times...