Sunday, June 13, 2010

Off topic On target

How does she live with this for seventy five years?

Father didn't want her.
Mother didn't want her.
Her husband didn't want her.

They all wanted what the bottle had to give more than the love she had to offer.  Mom and dad would go off leaving her and her three brothers and sisters with nothing but a blanket to cover with.  No lock on the apartment door.  About sixty years ago.

We talked about rejection today - she cried - we prayed.  She's alone now.  She buried her mom, her dad, her husband...bottle took them all in the end.

We work where it matters most, I think.

'Some want to live within the sound of church or chapel bell,
I want to run a rescue shop within a yard of hell'

G'night all.

2 comments:

Mikaela said...

Wow. The only comfort I can have in reading that is that God is bigger than these ghastly experiences and that His grace is even bigger than the rejection. But at the same time, I almost feel like a hypocrite writing that, because I've never ever experienced anything close to such things. I will pray for her.

Also, you don't know how special your comment on our post about Bobcha (is the correct Polish spelling babcia? It's not in my Polish-English dictionary, but neither is Bobcha ;-). I read it to my whole family, and we are all so grateful for the work you are doing in Poland. It is such a special place to us!

Coreyb said...

God is more than able to heal those old wounds and bring about new hope - for the first time real Hope.

Babcia is the correct spelling.

Thank you for your prayers, Mikaela! They are needed and we are thankful.