Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Good Book

Weighing in today at 114.2 kilo - so more or less still 250. I'm watching calories and fat, but the start on this weight loss is slower than I thought it'd be. Walked several miles yesterday pushing the stroller with BOTH boys in it :)

Want to recommend the book Eat to Live by Joel Fuhrman, M.D. Of course, take it all with a grain of salt...the man is a vegetarian and puts forth a strong argument for the vegetarian way of life, or at least his take on it. I don't intend to go vegetarian for a couple reasons - first of all, my wife won't let me (more on that later).

Secondly, I just can't make that way of life mesh with Scripture. I'm sure it'd be different if God were to send me one day to a country where meat was scarce, but where He's put me now I just can't see a Biblical argument to choose not to eat meat.

Fuhrman's book, however, does give an amazing amount of detailed health and diet info, shedding a huge BATMAN-like spot light on the causes of so much of the sickness and obesity in the American diet. Great read - great info - and it's helping me.

Next post, I'll show you all my wife's favorite book on the subject. Also, she's reminded me that if this is to be a true blog on weight-loss (among other things), I should post some pics...so that's on its way as well.

No matter what your size or shape, remember that what He thinks of you doesn't depend upon outward appearances...it's about the heart. So, lose the weight, but base your self-esteem on His Word and what He thinks.

Blessings!
corey

2 comments:

Malcolm Guy said...

Here is our recommended diet:
Breakfast - 2 pieces of bread with margarine, meat and tomato & a glass of WARM water with WAPNo & Vit C
Morning tea - 1 apple & a glass of WARM water
Dinner: Kasza Gryczana, steamed peas, carrots and corn. Boiled egg & a glass of COLD Maślanka
Afternoon tea - yoghurt with Otręby Pszenne & a glass of WARM water
Kolacja - 2 pieces of bread with margarine, meat and white cheese & a HOT drink
Before Bed - a glass of WARM water

This is a very good diet, Jola swears by it (and it is good for the bank balance too)

Coreyb said...

Sounds interesting!

I'm looking for things I can add to my new lifestyle, should be some here. Thanks!